Saturday, August 4, 2012

A New Start

I've not been very good at this blogging thing, but I hope to turn that around. Aside from the wedding, and getting a second job just a few months before the wedding, I've been thinking a lot about living intentionally. Just thinking about living intentionally does not get anyone very far though. It's time for that to change.

Jim and I have made a few goals, but we are slow to take steps to really achieve them. Part of this was a bit of a honeymoon for us. We didn't take a lot seriously for a month after the wedding, which we needed. We did re-arrange the apartment. We relaxed. We found out we both have a bit of an obsession with "How I Met Your Mother" and watched 3 seasons in as many weeks. Didn't I just say I've been thinking about living intentionally? I guess that's enough to wear me out.  

Last weekend we went to Wyoming for a family reunion with my family. While, I don't think you can consider that honeymooning, the trip did give us some time to think about where we might live. We also may have realized that 100% rural is not for us, as romantic as it sounds. (Ok, I knew that, but now I really know that).

So, I'm getting back into posting as a means of accountability. I've thought a lot about life, and where I want to go and think I'm able to break this down into a few themes. Structure has got to be a good thing, right? For this blog I'm hoping for the following:

1) Hold myself accountable as I work towards the goals I share with Jim and a few of my own.

2) Begin to take photos to add to the blog, and do that, regularly. (I think this will help with goals).

3) Use this blog to spur my own professional development. More on that later.

So that's this blog. That's where I am, and a hint at where I am going. I will post more about goals shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment