Monday, August 13, 2012

Letting Go

The time has come to let go of things, namely a whole slew of old papers and whatnot that are really not useful to me. It's all jumbled into a few boxes that have been sitting in a corner of one apartment or another as long as I've lived in Northern Virginia.

And now it's time to let it go. In the past such attempts have gone like this: "I can't throw that away! I may need it for...... gradschool! art projects! to remember that I've travelled!"

The new question I ask myself won't be about what that was for when I acquired it. It won't be about my future self using it.

I plan on simply asking myself the questions of so many others who have minimalized. Is this useful? Is this beautiful?

I will measure progress by the ability to actually SEE progress in our living space. Currently the boxes are 'behind' our kitchen table causing a lot of clutter. Ick.  

No comments:

Post a Comment